People love to say, “Let it go” but no one ever takes the time to explain how to let it go. From relationships, to being fired, to self disappointment. Letting go isn’t one of the easiest decisions, but learning how to let go can save us time and energy.
Here are a few steps you can take to make it a little easier to let go.
1. Forgiving Self. We’re all of our worst critics. Before we can “let go,” we should make a decision to not carry the weight of the circumstances. Making peace with ourselves allows us to acknowledge what we could have done better and allow the past to be in the past.
2. The Pros and Cons. Take a moment and realize which personal pros and cons need adjustment. Acknowledge what you are best at and what areas need help. Taking a look at our past decision making will give us insight on how we can better ourselves for the future.
3. Pray. Tell God how you realllllllyyyyyyy feel. DON’T HOLD BACK. Get it off your chest. Tell him what you’re ashamed of, tell him the parts you’re proud of and the moments that you wish you could change. I find that God listening ear allows us to get everything off our chest with no interruptions. This is by far one of the most important steps of “letting go.” Getting everything off our chest, makes it a lot easier to let go.
4. Give it over to God. You told him how you feel, he listened. From this point on there is no longer a need to worry. Come to peace that God will help you find a way to “let go.” This is where the healing starts.
5. Pray for direction. From this point on, a new vision will arise and we want to make sure it’s on track with God plans. Allow God to point you in the right direction. Be patient with the time it will take to point you in the right direction. New visions can only arise when the old vision has healed.
6. Put in the work. Become a better you. A stronger you, so that when the opportunity presents itself you will be ready. Distract yourself with yourself. Hit the weights, work on a personal project or meet up with encouraging friends. Build you up. Become the you, that you imagine you could be.
7. Don’t let the experience run you, you run the experience. Take the power back and hold on to it. Allow the experience to become your strength. It happened to build you not destroy you.
Letting go was once very hard for me, but following the above steps allows me to get over situations and move on without all of the long heart break. It has taught me not to dwell on situations but to learn from the situation.
I hope this post inspires you to be the best you can be!
Enjoyed this post? Please comment, share and subscribe.:)
I hope that sharing my experiences and sharing your experiences that we both grow to reach our full potential!