Tomorrow, April 21 is my birthday! It’s not just any birthday. It’s my last birthday in my twenties. Although I have been looking forward to this moment for a long time. There are definitely some things I wish I would have realized sooner in life.
Here are 5 things I would tell my early twenties self.
1. Go for it. That’s right. Go. Don’t be afraid of the unknown. Let your Instincts direct you, and don’t hold back. In other words, don’t allow fear/unknown scare you.
2. Your NOT a failure. Okay, your first semester college grades are embarrassing. But that doesn’t mean your a failure. It means you need to plan better.
3. Give More. Step out of your stress bubble and volunteer some of your time. From the homeless soup kitchen or picking up trash at the beach. You will be surprised how much giving can fuel your soul.
4. Accept yourself. The big forehead, the curly/ puffy hair. It’s apart of what makes you, you. Accept it, love it, and own it.
5. Take advantage of being in college. So many resources are at the tip of your fingers. Use them. It’s not being greedy, these resources want to help you. Allow them to help you.
Early twenties can be complicated, but now that I’m older I realize that early twenties are only as complicated as I allowed them to be. I was unaware of my control, and allowed my emotions to run my decisions.
At the end of the day, I’m happy everything happened. I learned so many lessons that I still use to this day.
I hope that sharing my experiences and sharing your experiences that we both grow to reach our full potential!
Enjoyed this post? Please comment, share and subscribe.:)
New post every Wednesday!