In college I would stay up all night taking life test trying to figure out which career path was best for me. It was so frustrating. I wanted direction. I wanted to know which path I should take.
Then one night, it hit me. To figure out my path, It required me to take a deeper look at the things I enjoyed.
Here are the steps I took to get one step closer to my purpose.
- Write down everything you enjoy doing. Sounds easy, but really sit down and write everything you enjoy. From shopping, to reading, or riding a bike. EVERYTHING.
- Research each category. For example; if you enjoy reading, then you can look into being an editor, or review movie scripts, or start a book club, or write reviews on books. The list can go on and on.
- Try it. Move forward with the activity the you enjoy the most. For Example; when I first realized I enjoyed fashion. I took a class on how to be a fashion buyer. I didn’t care for it, so then I interned as a stylist at a popular fashion showroom. It was just okay. So, then I became a fashion blogger, which was a lot of fun. Becoming a fashion blogger made me realize that I enjoyed blogging. Enjoying blogging made me realize that I wanted to write more in-depth content.
- Keep going down your list, until you find something you enjoy. You can also keep looking deeper into all the possibilities of one area that interest you the most.
- Don’t Give up! It took me 5 years to get to this point of my life. We’re meant to keep evolving, and as we grow we will get closer to our purpose.
Figuring out a career or purpose isn’t easy, but I highly recommend finding ways to try it without getting fully committed. Because the truth is, you won’t know if you like it until you try it!
I hope that sharing my experiences and sharing your experiences that we both grow to reach our full potential!
Enjoyed this post? Please comment, share and subscribe. 🙂
New post every Wednesday!