A recent college grad told me that although she was proud of graduating college, she had NO CLUE on what career she wanted to have. She stated that her internship during senior year made her realize that her major wasn’t the best fit.
As our conversation continued, we came to the conclusion that it was time to take a deeper look into investing in herself. Today I’m going to share some of the ideas and tips that I gave her.
Here are 5 FREE Ways to Invest in Yourself!
- Time Management. It’s mind blowing how much more we can get done when we plan out our time. Each day we should write down 1-2 things that we want to accomplish. As you get better at it, add more to your list and get more in depth in your list. It truly puts everything into perspective.
- Network. No joke, having a large network goes a long way. Most networking events are free, and have free food. lol Networking is a skill and takes practice. I recommend going to networking events a minimum of twice a month.
- Internship. Before you commit to a career, try it out a few hours a week. Time is valuable, so its better to realize it early if you like or dislike a possible career. Plus, employers loovvveee interns, so it won’t be hard snagging an internship for a few hrs a week.
- Read. Taking the time to learn more about the world, get lost in a novel or become more aware about whats going on in your local area. Reading has a way of transforming our thoughts and builds confidence.
- Motivation. Its important to know what is motivating you to go after your dreams. Your motivation can and will change throughout your life. Be aware of when your motivation changes, so you can re-evaluate the situation.
Always make the time to invest in yourself. Investing in yourself is a lifelong commitment. Never stop investing in yourself. And most importantly take advantage of all the free ways to invest in yourself.
I hope that sharing my experiences and sharing your experiences that we both grow to reach our full potential!
Enjoyed this post? Please comment, share and subscribe.:)
New post every Wednesday!