Is your New Year resolution weighing you down? If your answer is yes, then give up. That’s right. Drop it.
Right now, you might be thinking,… “Shantal, I just came here to figure out how to get back on track and you are telling me to give up?”
Maybe give up isn’t the best word. How about let it go. Let the idea of how you pictured the resolution to be,… go. Instead draw out a new plan. Now that the month has gone by and it hasn’t worked out. Create a new plan.
1. Make the new plan that realistically works with your schedule. If your not a morning person, don’t plan to work out at 6am. It’s just not going to work. Instead, plan a brisk walk on your lunch or a quick gym workout after work or a 30 min night work out on YouTube.
2. Maybe your original resolution wasn’t enough motivation. Resolution: Plan out three goals within your goal and when you hit those milestone, treat yourself. 🙂
3. Make sure the goal is very specific. From the time of the day and the amount of time you invest in it. To stay with the workout theme, pick specific times of the day you work out and which days you workout. Don’t spend more or less time than you planned. Stay disciplined.
4. Make sure you understand the core of why you want to do it. What is the point? How do you think it will make your life better. If your why isn’t big enough, than you won’t stick to the plan.
5. Give your new plan 30 days. By the end of the 30 days, if you are not loving your new plan, than find a way to make it better.
Choosing to improve your life should make you feel better, not worst. Change isn’t easy, but it will become easy if the goal is worth it to you.
I hope this post inspires you to be the best you can be!
Enjoyed this post? Please comment, share and subscribe.:)
I hope that sharing my experiences and sharing your experiences that we both grow to reach our full potential!