Right now is a good time to take a look at what worked this year and what didn’t work.
Setbacks come in all forms, but its best to turn it in to a better setup. The ability to turn around your own setback gives yourself more power over your life.
This year my book “365 Days of Motivation to Live your Best Life” was my biggest goal of the year, but it has become my biggest setback. I completely underestimated the process. I didn’t research and plan properly. My book is now in final stages of revisions and I have decided to postpone the release date to March 2017.
This was my biggest goal for 2016, and it sucks that I have to push it back. But instead of being upset, I have decided to add a book release party! The party will be in March, more details to come!
When we get setbacks in life, make it more fun by turning it up a notch and adding a better feature to your goal that creates a better outcome. I could be sad about my book, but at the end of the day,… my book will still be released and I will present my best work.
Here are the steps I take to turn a setback into a setup.
1. Acknowledge that you are having a setback. If you’re not aware, you can’t take control of improving your situation.
2. Allow yourself to feel the disappointment or sadness. Don’t mope in it but acknowledge your hurt feelings of personal disappointment.
3. Recognize the parts that worked. Give yourself credit where credit is due.
4. Recognize what part went wrong. When, where, how and why.
6. Now the fun part. Create the new plan.
7. Go above and beyond with the new plan. Every detail. Go into more depth of how this plan can become real.
8. Once the plan is written, sleep on it. Wake up the next day and take a look at the new plan.
9. Continue to take a look at the plan and make as many changes as you feel are needed.
10. Repeat 8 & 9 till you feel confident about turning your plan into action.
Creating a plan takes time, revising a plan takes time. DONT RUSH IT!
Im currently wishing I took my own advice and didn’t rush my book.
But, as long as God gives me a new day, I will continue to fight for my purpose!
Nobody said this journey would be easy, they only said it would be worth it. Keeping revising and planning, it will all pay off!
I hope this post inspires you to be the best you can be!
Enjoyed this post? Please comment, share and subscribe.:)
I hope that sharing my experiences and sharing your experiences that we both grow to reach our full potential!